Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/03/04

MOVING OUT OF MARITAL HOME

My husbands insists that I move out of marital home with the kids... kids want to live with me. He knows I cannot afford to pay the rent although I work.
He emotionally and verbally abuses me...
Can I claim so that he pays the rent.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Yes, you can do something about it, by bringing a Rule 43 application, this provides for interim relief in divorce matters - with regard to custody and access of children and also for interim maintenance (and contributions to legal costs).

This is particularly useful in cases where one party would otherwise struggle financially during the litigation process. The process is quick and the relief is speedy.

1
Posted by: Family law expert | 2010/03/05

Reply to Family law expert