Question
Posted by: Silly | 2008/06/19

Moving on from Ex

It's been about 4 months since my ex broke up with me. We dated only 2 years and I know there's people who were married a lot longer then that, but I'm finding it incredibly hard to move on.

I must be really stupid or something. I'm ashamed to admit it but I thought on our 2 year anneversary we were getting engaged... instead 3 days after that he left me.

All of the pleasure has gone out of everything.

If moving on is terribly easy, then there really wasn't a relationship there in the first place. But there are good reasons for endign a relationship, even if it had some good parts, and then the process is like grief ( and reading abotu grief may indeed help you ). I'm so sorry to hear of the sad and cruel way you were treated. Talking with friends and family can help a lot, as can counselling, if after a week or two you don't seem to be making progress on your own

2
Posted by: Wendy | 2008/06/20

It does get better that's a promise. My ex and I have also recently broken up - 2 months now - and I was finding it very difficult to move on - he was the love of my life so I thought. I have subsequently found out that he is now back with is ex wife. That helped me move on because I was now angry that he didn't give me real reasons for the breakup. Once you get to the anger stage you are on your way to healing. I'm now even thinking of getting out there again and seeing what the world has to offer me. It just takes time, but time heals! Good luck

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/06/20

Do you still have contact? Has he moved on?

Reply to CP MOM