Posted by: Riki | 2009-06-03

Moving menstruation date via HRT

I am going on holiday in 2-3 months'  time. I am using Trisequens, and would like to advance my menstruation date in August. Which tablets should I skip - some of the first 12 blue ones, or some of the next 10 white ones? (The six red ones is when I menstruate.) Is it better to skip 2 tablets a month for the next 3 months, or should I skip 6 in the same month? I would really hate it to menstruate during my few days at the seaside...

Dear Riki
All these tablets contain active ingredients so skipping any of the tablets won't prevent a menstruation. I suggest you talk to your gyne, as adding progesterone during the red tablets may be able to delay your menstruation until after your holiday.