Posted by: Mbali | 2009-10-06

moving in with boyfriend

Hi All

I have a 5 month old doughter with my boyfiend and we are both struggling financially at this moment. We are seriously not coping. So we decided to move in together.

The problem is, my mother is very old fashioned and I dont know how to approach her about this, I didnt sleep at all last night because i know how dramatic she can be.

Please advise on how to go about this.

I don't know what sort of old-fashioned your mom is --- if she is not bothered by you having a child with this boyfriend, but worried if you move in together ? Really asks some good questions. As Almost mad points out, what matters most, is what would be best for the kid. Would your mother prefer that you and the child mkove in with her ?

Posted by: Mbali | 2009-10-06

Thank you very much for all your advices. I have made an appointment with my mother to talk this through.

We have been together with my boyfriend for more than 6 years now, and we are only planning to get married next year. we just wanted to fix our financial problems.

I moved out of my mothers house when i was 17yrs (2001), i have been living alone all those years.

So i will give all of you feedback before 16h00 today, i am meeting my mother now for lunch.

Chat Later!!!!!!

Reply to Mbali
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-06

Whther your mum supports your decision or not doensnt matter, your child is the most important thing and if fianatially you better together then she must deal with it. Besides, i' m sure telling you were pregnant was worse than this.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Really | 2009-10-06

Can you not move in back with your mother, or are you living with your mother? Are you two planning to get married or are you committed to each other such that you both know where you want to be in the near future?

I have a problem with moving in with someone because of financial reasons..... unless everything else is ok and you do want up to end up together. You just had a baby and babies can be demanding.

If moving in with him is one of the ways that can resolve your financial situation then do it, but from experiences, I would say, your mother maybe old fashioned and all, but I would be on her side and I think I know why it would be wise to just wait until the storm passes!

She will talk, but I don' t think she would have a problem for you to move back in.

All the best.

Reply to Really
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-10-06

Yip rather silly since you so have a child together.
I' m sure your mom should then also know that you guys are obviously sleeping together, I mean how did the child come about. So she might be old fashioned but you are not and you are a family so it would only make sense to stay together, even beter for the child to be with both parents.Your mother should get over herself.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Red | 2009-10-06

This is rather silly. You already have a child together so why on earth would your mother feel there is something wrong moving in together???? You' re already a family and families stay together??? Unless you' re moving in with your mom and she doesn' t like that idea???

Reply to Red