Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2008/10/07

Moving from Mpumalanga to KZN with dogs

My daughter is moving with her 2 dogs, a Bull Terrier and a Cross breed, from Kriel in Mpumalanga to Amanzimtoti. Does she need a permit, do the dogs need rabies injections, and if yes, how many injections do they need, and how often can these injections be given? What other, if any vacinations will be necessary? Thanks.
She is moving 1st of December 2008.

Dear Amanda

They need to be up to date with Rabies. This is seldom checked. The course of vaccination is usually 2 injections 4 weeks apart to bring them up to date. The other vaccs are not required by law but I suspect the vet will do them all together.

1
Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/07

Just get their rabies shots up to date , KZN is very bad with rabies.

I dont think anyone bothers to check permits , not sure. But that isnt the point.

It might be best in anycase to get all their shots up to date.

Reply to Carol