Question
Posted by: B | 2011/05/04

Moved Uterus

I was diagnosed with PID in Dec after much pain and many doctor visits (no vaginal infection/STD picked up on swab). I have felt pain since then, but worse during period and very bad during ovulation with pain shooting down my right leg. My periods are however quite light. Since I had my daughter 7 years ago, I can literally feel my uterus above my pubic bone but 2 doctors, many scans, exams and ct scans (for other reasons) confirmed I was completely normal. Because of being able to feel it before, I am certain it has “ moved”  –  I can feel it much more on the right hand side now and it doesn’ t sit in the centre as it used to. I was told years ago I have a tilted uterus too. I went back to the gynae in January but have made another appt and can only see the doc at the end of May. Would possible adhesions or endometriosis cause this? Is it actually possible?

It is very unlikely that you are feeling your uterus. This would only be the case if it was enlarged to the size of a 3 month pregnancy. It may be muscles or bowel that you are feeling.In terms of the pain, endometriosis is a possibility. This can only be diagnosed by laparoscopy.

2
Posted by: lerato | 2011/05/05

since i give birth with my first born in 2009,I guess at the hospital they didn''t stitch me well after giving birth and its a huge problem because its affecting me,a lot.So I was asking if can it be possible to go back and be stiched again?

Reply to lerato