Mouth Ulcer

I have noticed that every time I give my boyfriend oral sex I get a mouth ulcer. We have been together for 7 months now and went for test which came back negative. I was wondering, could there be a link between the mouth ulcers and oral sex . Could this be a form of an STI?

Mouth ulcers (cold sores) are usually caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus. It is also this virus or a strain of it, that is commonly passed through sexual activity. 90% of the adult population have this virus which lies dormant and then flares up with the ulcers, from time to time. It can be passed on even when there are no visible lesions (sores) without someone knowing they have it. The best way to prevent them is to use a condom every time you have oral sex. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for more information