Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2012-01-19

Mouth Sores

My 3yr old has about 4 round white sores inside his mouth,on the tongue,upper lip,upper gums and on the side of the mouth. His temperature gets high and he becomes cracky and restless. I took him to the doctor who gave me Ponstan for the Temp and a syrup for pain and told me it is a viral infection,there''s nothing he can do,it will wear off with time. Today he woke up with a swollen upper lip.
Do you think i should seek second opinion or do you agree with what the doctor said?

Lisa

Unfortunately, I am unable to examine your 3 year old and you do have the right to seek a second opinion.