Posted by: Cathy Badenhorst | 2009-08-31

mould vs sickness

Please could you advise me as to the health implications relating to mould. My roof of my home was leaking last year which in turn damaged my ceilings and there is now a large amount of mould on the internal boards. I have suffered with chronic sinusitis for many years and now my 13 year old daughter has been diagnosed with acute sinusitis. She has been very ill this year with colds and flu and tends to have a constant sore throat and sneezing. I am currently awaiting an insurance claim to replace the ceiling boards.

Most appreciated.

Hi Cathy
Molds can definitely have adverse affects on your health and the ceiling should be replaced as soon as possible