Question
Posted by: Annoniem | 2010/03/30

Motivering

Ek sit hier en huil want ek is ''n swakkeling!! Ek sukkel al my hele lewe lank met die vet, en ek is nou finaal moeg!! Die oomblik wat ek begin met ''n dieet of die besluit om ''n leefstyl verandering in my lewe te neem is ek gemotiveerd, maar kom die aand dan het ek net nie die wilskrag nie en tree sommer twee tree terug!! Hoe gaan ek die mindshift maak en die wilskrag kry? Dit is seker ''n simpel vraag maar eks regtig moedeloos en bitter baie teleurgesteld in myself.......

qwerty's suggestion, as usual, makes good sense. Don't try for a immediate total transformation, but make a real plan with many stages, each one of which is achievable, and build on each success.

2
Posted by: qwerty | 2010/03/30

Start small. The problem with trying to change everything at once is that it gets too much and then you give up completely.

Why don''t you give up one thing at a time? Start with chips. No chips. You can still have other things, but cut out chips. Or limit yourself to once every two weeks.
Then switch to diet drinks, and maybe cut down your sugar intake overall. Baby steps. Make one meal the " healthy"  meal of the day. Introduce little bits of exercise - take the stairs, not the elevator. Park far from the shops and walk.

Some people are able to make the mind shift and do a 90 degree turn around, but if you can''t do that, then start with the things you CAN do and work your way up from that. It takes longer, but you''re more likely to stick to something that is introduced gradually.

All the best!!

Reply to qwerty