Question
Posted by: SBN | 2010-08-13

Motivation loss

I’ ve been lucky in life. I never studied at school, but always passed well and even had university exemption. Went to University and did well. After 2 years I dropped out. It wasn’ t what I wanted to do. I started studying again, part time. I’ m doing really well with little effort. I’ m now in my final year, but so scared. I have this feeling that I won’ t be good enough. I never feel good enough for anything. How do I motivate myself to keep going? How do I lose this apathetic feeling?

As you've found, there's a world of difference between being able to learn things and pass exams, and finding out what you really want to do. Ideally, you want to find the line of work which, even if you had inherited an enormous fortune, you would still be very happy to spend your days doing it.
I don't know what sort of areas you have been and are studying, or what types of work they will equip you for. But do be careful not to be the sort of student I quite often encountered when a Deputy Dean, who was a perpetual student - rather scared of actually going out into the world to do a job of work where other people would scrutinize his work, so turning back for further degrees, diplomas and qualifications.
Are you really experiencing feelings of apathy, or feelings of inferiority / lack of confidence ?
Sensible counselling ( which should be available through student health or academic support services, should be able to help with either. You can learn self-confidence, just as you somehow learned to lack it.
And maybe some ventures out into some job experience could help you to discover that you can be enjoyably effective out there

1