Question
Posted by: tom | 2013-02-10

motivation

have been meaning to get back to the gym for months! i lead quite a busy lifestyle which is a factor as to why its not so easy to go but also i really do lack the motivation and even the act of going to the gym let alone working out seems impossible, can anyone help?

Expert ImageBiokinetics expert

Hi Tom,

With regards to motivation, I always envisage my clients to view it from a car perspective:
- If your car has no petrol, will it take you where you want to go? (minor journey)
- If you do not service your car, will your car last you for more years and be reliable? (major journey)

Similarly, exercise has a positive benefit of on your health...
- Would you like to be sedentary for 24 hours a day or 23 hours a day? The hour difference comes in with exercise...
- Tell yourself that if you don't exercise, you havnt given your body 'petrol' and a 'service' for that day.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Habib

1
Posted by: Kitty | 2013-02-11

Hey Tom.
All I can say, from personal experience, having been through several diet and excercise attemps in my life, is this: Where there is a will...there is a way. It''s all in the mind. I''ve got a 15 month old, a household to run, and I work during the day. Sometimes when I don''t get time to excersice after work, I wait till baby is a sleep and the excersice, sometimes 9 o clock at night, but excersice I will, no matter what. Believe me, if you want to, you''ll find a way. Get your head and your heart in the right place before anything else, otherwise it''s all just a waste of time, and the mind will find every kind of excuse not to dot what needs to be done.
Good luck.

Reply to Kitty