Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2008/08/01

MOTIVATION?

Hi I am a 26 overweight female. I have thyroid and insulin problems. I have tried dieting but i lose a couple of kgs and then nothing. I am very lonely, my husband works every weekend so I am always alone and my family stay a half hour drive away.I dont really have many friends, I am so self concious about my weight and dont want to go anywhere, never mind on my own. I am always worried about what other people think of me. I constantly feel like wound up as the tiniest thing stresses me out and I worry about things for weeks on end. Lately I am finding I am obsessed with food which only makes my situation worse. I have all the exercise equipment etc that I need. How do I get my mind in the right place, how do I get motivated? Stress, tension, food and being lonely is taking over my life. I dont want to keep being so unhappy.

The loneliness may well encourage over-eating and under-exercising. Why not see a dietician, and a counsellor, to work on self=-esteem and motivation issues, join a gym so as to exercise with others, and so on ?

1
Posted by: visitor | 2008/08/01

hi there from personal experience i have found that having exercise equipment at home is very often of little use - it takes a lot of discipline to work out at home. I did not enjoy gym or aerobics and have now joined a yoga class. besides the physical aspect the mental aspect is great. it is a positive experience so you will be encouraged to go and motivated as well. you will lose weight slowly but will also become more confident.
as for food - research on the internet and look for a low GI diet - this is a healthy way to eat, you will lose weight and there are also lots of snacks etc so you wont be hungry or craving the wrong thing
you have a negative attitude at the moment which cant help you much - you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and take stock of your life and make the changes you want
take up a hobby to keep you occupied while hubby works over the weekend.
Good luck lots of us have been there but the change and your future happiness really only depends on YOU

Reply to visitor