Question
Posted by: JANE | 2012-04-19

MOTION SICKNESS

What is the best motion sickness pill I can take with Rivotril? I have to fly and Saturday and the feeling of motion seems to bring on very bad panic attacks so I just want to know what is best ?

Who prescribed Rivotril, and why ? WHoever prescibes your Rivotril qwould be the first person to call and ask about this. Rivotril is a drug developed to treat Epilepsy, though used in curious ways by some GPs, and more sensibly by some psychiatrists. YOur problems should be being treated and assessed by a proper specialis psychiatrist, and not a GP. You mention panic atacks, but not whether these have been properly assessed and diagnosed by a suitable specialist.
If you get anxious and panicky in some travel situations, you may have something like a flying phobia, which is best treated by CBT, and this takes a few weeks at least.
If you are flying on Saturday, why did you leave it so late to try to do something about this ?
If the problem is anxiety and panic, rather than actual motion sickness, why would you take a motion sickness pill at all ?
Really, try to get an urgent appointment to see a shrink, as this needs a proper assessment of the precise nature of the problems, to decide how best to manage them

2
Posted by: Jane | 2012-04-20

Very Harsh Cybershrink,
I am /was being treated by a great psychiatrist but he isn" t avalible and no other psychiatrist is prepared to help that I have tried.Rivitril was the last medication we tried and was the only medication that ulimatly saved my life as I would rather have commited suicide than suffer the endless anxiety.
I appreciate your comments just felt abit harsh.I have however made an appointment with my GP.
Enjoy your weekend

Reply to Jane