Question
Posted by: KB | 2011-10-04

Motion Sickness

I went deep sea fishing 4 days ago, I felt slightly ill while on the boast, however a motion sickness pill seemed to sort me out rather quickly. My issue has been since getting off the boat, I feel like Im constantly moving. I have tried taking Stugeron, it sometimes helps, sometimes not. I should mention that we went snorkelling as well. I do get bouts of nausea as well. Is this normal for some people to experience this so many days after the boat trip? Should I consult my GP?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear KB

It is possible that one can feel off balance after a boat trip, and that this may continue after the trip has ended and one is back on land. This usually happens after a longer period at sea, so one day out seems rather short.
I would rather suggest you see your doctor to exclude an inner ear infection, or perhaps a problem with the eustachian tube.