Posted by: Shelby | 2009-01-14

Mother went thru my cupboards

Hi there,

My mother stayed with us over Christmas. She says I am very secretive and took it upon herself to find out these secrets. She found out one, that I am pregnant. With my history of failed pregnancies, I wanted to wait until 12 weeks before I broke the news.

I share cupboards with my husband, so she in effect invaded his privacy as well. She said she was looking for a book to read and found a scan photo of my pregnancy. Then she said she was looking for a plaster in our bathroom cupboard and found my pregnancy vitamins.

I know she has found out as she keeps dropping hints to let me know that she knows, which I ignored to keep the peace over the Festive Season.

But now that she has gone, I am really upset and don' t want her around anymore. I cannot lock my cupboards, there is no lock on them, I just have kiddie locks on them. I don' t mind her going through my kitchen and linen cupboards, but our room is out of bounds.

How can I handle this?

Her behaviour was an outrageously nosy infringement on your right to privacy. She was your guest, and going through your cupboards was unacceptable behaviour, which you can tell her calmly and firmly. How would she respond if, on your next visit to her home, you went through all her cupboards ?

Posted by: eISH | 2009-01-14

Jane u owe Shelby an apology.If u can read well..she said she had her reasons not to tell untill a certain period.And u big mouthed pig just opens ur big mouth before reading.....stupid preggies woman!!

Reply to eISH
Posted by: Uhm | 2009-01-14

Jane, read her message again. She has had miscarriages in the past and wanted to get to a safer more stable time of her pregnancy before telling anyone.

Reply to Uhm
Posted by: jane | 2009-01-14

Why would you not want your mother to know that you pregnant, is this bad or there is some bad history that you don' t mention here, or what, i' m 14 weeks and i was happy to let my mother know that i' m pregnant in only 1 week . ohhh girl, she gave birth to you then why should you be so secretive, maybe if you can tell me why .

Reply to jane
Posted by: A | 2009-01-14

Go and slap the inconsiderate, privacy invading, not respect for daughter and son-in-law, bitch in the face. HOW DARE SHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to A
Posted by: J | 2009-01-14

Trap haar uit.

Reply to J
Posted by: Hope* | 2009-01-14

Your mother invaded your privacy completely. She had no right to dig in your or your husbands things. This is totally unacceptable. She should be put straight in no uncertain terms.
You would obviously want to trust your own mother. Tell her
so. Good luck.

Reply to Hope*