Posted by: Shoes | 2009-01-16

Mother teaching my child bad things

Hi there,

My Mother has a toilet sense of humour. She stayed with us for two weeks and taught my two year old son disgusting things.

Whilst in the bath she told him to " pull the thing in between his legs"  and then bursts out with laughter. When he makes a poo, she does the same thing. She taught him to say " tits"  and " bum" .

She told me he is fat and spoilt.

Before he was born, she said she did not want anything to do with him as " something might happen to him"  and was not present at his birth.

How can I handle this, I am the child, she is the parent...

Its difficult when you mom is being more immature than your child. I don't know whether she is fat, but she is spoiled and spectacularly unskilled at parenting. Chat with your child to repair the damage, and make it clear to your mother that her opinion on such matters is irrelevant when it comes to your child, and her teaching him mischeif and smut is not appreciated and will not be tolerated in future