Question
Posted by: anon | 2012/09/05

mother killing five children

The mother who killed all five children should be sterilised as soon as possible and never get the opportunity of having more children.
If she was mentally ill or depressed she could have sought help or given her children away. I was shocked at the social worker who was n 702 this morning making excuses for why she killed them.
She had no money and had a baby every year. She was living on child grants perhaps this was the motive for so many children? Well no child deserves to be murdered by their mother! WHo gives her the right to take lives? I have absolutely no empathy whatsoever for this mother. She should spend her days rotting in jal!

I didn't hear the interview, but social workers should be very cautious about both their limited training in psychiatric and forensic matters, and their tendency to apologise and make excuses for people who do awful things. It sounds as though this particular social worker's employers or whichever body registers them, should urgently re-asses her fitness for her job. Would she be happy to have this woman baby-site her own children ?

2
Posted by: Purple | 2012/09/06

I also heard the interview with the social worker and was horrified that someone so ignorant could be employed as a social worker.

this woman had a 6th child, who was thankfully taken into foster care when it was born.

I too have no sympathy - she could have taken the children to a children''s home, given them up for adoption, dropped them with their father who only paid R100 a month for their care, farmed them out to relatives.

I agree, as a start, she could have got free contraceptives at a state clinic - which its free to visit. Contraceptives might not be 100% effective - but they don''t fail 6 times.

I was horrified hearing the social worker talk such rot.

Reply to Purple