Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/20

Mother &  Son-in-Law fighting

My mother and my hubby had a tuff about 4 weeks ago. He is demanding an apology as he feels he was in the right. My mother does not feel she needs to apologise abt anything as once again he was throwing his toys out the cot for no reason at all.

Fortuanately this did not cause a prob between him &  I but now there is an event coming up and he has told me that he does not want her there.

How do I get through this???

Ask each of them, separately, very nicely to understand that this is hurtful for you, and that you hope they will be big enough to make peace with each other. You might hint that the other person recognized that they MAY have been in the wrong, but that they feel too awkward and shy to admit it, so ask each person not to insist on a specific apology. Both can admit that they regret that this incident became hurtful to you all, and that indeed it ever happened, and make peace for everyone's sake

2
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/20

Thank you for the speedy reply!

My concern is that when this happened he very straight forwardly told me that if my mom does not apologise he will " write her off" .

My 4yr old was asking the other day when are we going to see GranGran and he got horribly upset.

Reply to Me