Posted by: Maria | 2009-08-26

Mother agressive to puppies

pls help. My Bull Terrier have 9 healthy puppies, they are 8 days old. She is sometimes agressive to the puppies, bit 2. After that we do not leave her alone with them and after feeding and pampering the babies we take her away. Even when we sits with her to pamper her she leak them agressive and bite to them. This is her 2nd whelping. She and the father is registred and pure bloodline. She also gets alot of love, food, pampering...
I give since day 5 extra milk to the babies with a bottle.
If some one als can give advice the 2 babies that she bite first, the puppies necks are flexible will it get back normal. Both of them drink again very strong. Thanks for the help.

Dear Maria

Try a DAP diffuser in the room. I would keep them warm in a seperate palce, monitor feeding closely. Just make sure the bitch doesn't have mastitis.