Posted by: Pink | 2010-04-13

Please help. My mother came to live with me after her varicose operation in December without telling me she’ s about to separate from her husband.
I only found out afterwards by then she was already staying with me and I could not tell her to leave as she was staying with her husband and he wanted the divorce.
Now she’ s becoming 100% my responsibility where I’ m a single mother with a teenager and a 3yr old son whom I have to take care off. She gets angry if the kids wants to watch something other than her programs on television. She insist on taking lunch for her friend at work on a daily basis and only contribute R300.00 a month towards household expenses. If I have a talk with her or put my foot down she either have a pain on her hart and I have to rush her to the emergency unit leaving my 3 year old son with my teenage daughter just to find out that there is nothing seriously wrong with her or she lies in bed for days being sick and refuse to go see n doctor.
When do I know if she is really sick and when do I ignore her?
Please help how far is my reasonability suppose to go towards my mom? She’ s 59 and full time employed according to her she cannot afford a place of her own and therefore cannot move out.

Answered the other time this message was posted