Question
Posted by: TM | 2011/02/09

Most likely to fall pregnant: HELP!

Good day

Could you please help me, I had sex on day 8 (5 January ''11), then again on days 10 (7 Jan''11) and 11 (8 Jan''11) of my cycle. Assuming that ovulation occurs betwen days 13-16 (10-13 January).
From which sperm am I likely to fall pregnant? Day 8? or Days 10 and 11? Is it possible for me to fall pregnant from having sex on day 8?

If I had sex the morning of day 11 of my cycle, from which am I most likely to fall pregnant?

I have heard that sperm can stay in a woman''s reproductive system for up to 7 days, if that is true, is it likely that I could have conceived from the having sex on day 8 of my cycle?

Thank you, looking forward to your response.

I am really confused and need some help.

Dear TM

Sperm may remain viable in the female genital tact for up to 7 days but more commonly up to 5 days. It is therefore possible but unlikely that day-8 coitus may result in the conception if ovulation occurs from day-14 onwards. However it also extremely important to know exactly what stage ovulation occurred to be able to solve this mystery.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/14

Dear TM

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert