Question
Posted by: TM | 2011/02/09

Most likely chance of falling pregnant: HELP!

Good day

LMP: 29 December 2010

I have just found out that I am pregnant. And my conception date was around about the 12th-18th January.

Could you please help me, I had sex on day 8 (5 January ''11), then again on days 10 (7 Jan''11) and 11 (8 Jan''11) of my cycle. Assuming that ovulation occurs betwen days 13-16 (10-13 January).
From which sperm am I likely to fall pregnant? Day 8? or Days 10 and 11? Is it possible for me to fall pregnant from having sex on day 8?

If I had sex the morning of day 11 of my cycle, from which am I most likely to fall pregnant?

I have heard that sperm can stay in a woman''s reproductive system for up to 7 days, if that is true, is it likely that I could have conceived from the having sex on day 8 of my cycle?

Thank you, looking forward to your response.

I am really confused and need some help.

It sounds like you have had sex with two differnt men a few days apart. As the period of time is so small it is impossible to tell whether you fell pregnant on Day 8 or 10. The only way to know for sure is a to have a paternity test.

2

Posted by: PUrple | 2011/02/09

You can actually conceive at any time in your cycle, its just most likely during ovulation (which ist he dates you have given as possible conception time).

I am pregnant after having sexual intercourse once during hte month - the day after my period finished - so well before I ovulated, so I must have ovulated early that month. I know this as my husband was away the whole month except that night, and we had sex that night.

Reply to PUrple