Question
Posted by: Rix | 2010/11/22

Mosquito bites

We went to Bergville KZN on friday evening and slept there for friday and saturday evening. I applied a lot of insect repellent and tabard to my almost 3 year and 6 year old both got mosquito bites but my 3 year old was very badly bitten by the mosquitos. on saturday evening he started getting fever but he seems better this morning. Is it possible that he might be allergic to mosquito bites and what can be done?

Rix

It is definately possible that he is allergic to mosquito bites. It is advisable to consult your doctor, as infection could have set in on some of the bites and he will need antibiotic treatment.