Question
Posted by: JZ | 2009-04-06

mosquito bites

I get bitten by mosquitoes quite badly and subsequently end up spending the entire night scratching it. It' s the same with fleas as well, they bite me just about anywhere and it' s usually large welts, sometimes a whole cluster in one spot.! My question is whether some people are more prone to being bitten than others as I' ve been in the same bed with mosquitoes, fleas and/or bedbugs and I always seem the one that comes off it worse than anyone else. Is it something in my blood? Is there something I can do to make me less susceptible?

Dear JZ
Some people do get bitten more than others, it may be due to the specific chemicals you have on your skin or the level of carbon dioxide you breathe out. There is not much you can do to change either factor! Try Anthisan cream on the bites and sleep with a mosquito net or use a mosquito deterrant like Peaceful sleep or Tabard.