Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2013/01/09

Morton''s Neuroma

I have been diagnosed with above, at what size of the neuroma does the dr do surgery, instead of medication?

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail, Sandy, Morton's neuroma pain can be managed by shoewear, physiotherapy, intrinsic foot exercises and customade orthotics or innersole depending on the size of the neuroma and your symptoms. Usually when all of the above interventions fail and the neuroma has been confirmed on Ultrasound scan imaging then surgery is suggested. When the surgical route is followed it is important to consult with a surgeon with a special interest in foot conditions and that the incision is made from the top of the foot. Podiatry Association of South Africa www.podiatrist.co.za

1
Posted by: MELONIE DOYLE | 2013/02/16

I HAD MORTON" S NEUROMA ON MY RIGHT FOOT AND I HAD 4 OPERATIONS TO FIX IT UP. NOW I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY LEFT FOOT AND I DO NOT WANT TO GO FOR SO MANY OPERATIONS TO HAVE IT RECTIFIED. WHAT CAN I DO OR WHO CAN I SEE TO HAVE THIS SEEN TO. I STAY IN SOUTH AFRICA - GAUTENG - RANDPARK RIDGE - JOHANNESBURG - 2156.

Reply to MELONIE DOYLE