Posted by: Michelle | 2009-01-28

I have a nerve pinching between 3rd and last toe, its very painful especially when i put pressure on it, i can actually feel it when i press on my foot,what can i do about it?

Hi Michelle
One sometimes get a nerve growth between the toes due to constant irritation of the nerve by the foot bones (neuroma) You can try to treat this conservatively first - wear shoes with a 3cm heel - not higher - and wide in front, and you could try wearing an insole that takes the pressure off the front of the foot ( a podiatrist will be able to make this for you according to your foot) and you can use anti-inflammatory medication like Neurofen. If this does not improve the condition, ask your GP to refer you to an orthopedic surgeon as it sometimes need a small operation to take the pressure off the nerve