Question
Posted by: ray | 2009-08-04

Morphology

Good day

We have learnt on Saturday that my husband sperm morphology is only 5%.
does this mean we will not be able to conceive.
my doctor prescribed STAMINAGROW.
does this help?
i have read on the net that there is nothing one can really do about this situation.
Please advise?
KInd regards
Ray

Dear Ray

With a sperm morphology of 5%, this does not mean that you will not be able to conceive spontaneously on your own. It only means that this is your contributing factor to your infertility and due to this it will take you much longer to conceive spontaneously. There is no evidence that Staminogo at this stage will improve your morphology. Living a good lifestyle i.e. exercising regular, eating a healthy diet and looking after your health, avoiding smoking and alcohol, these may be factors that may improve your sperm morphology on your own. If despite doing all the above changes and your sperm morphology does not change then you may require assisted reproductive techniques to help you as a couple to conceive.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Ray | 2009-08-05

Thank you ,so much I needed to hear that.
Other than the sperm morphology issue he is very healthy,does not smoke,occasional drinker and in general looks well after himself.Good luck to you too.!

Reply to Ray
Posted by: Maine | 2009-08-05

Hi Ray

My hubby also had a low morphology. He also went on Staminogro &  Spermaid. His morphology improved a lot and is now normal. He has decided to continue taking the staminogro. It does help, but also keep in mind that drinking, smoking and eating the wrong foods can also affect his sperm.

Good Luck

Reply to Maine