Question
Posted by: interested2know | 2009/11/16

morning routine

Hi Ross

I have 2 questions -

If i do the following every morning:
100 jumping jacks
2 ab exercises
100 jumping jacks
2 leg exercises
100 jumping jacks
2 arm exercises

1) do you perhaps know how many calories those activities roughly burn (female, 53kg, 1.66m)

2)would your body eventually get used to the cardio aspect of the routine and stop being effective so to speak?

thanks in advance :)

I'm guessing a little her, but given what you're doing is fairly mixed in terms of intensity, you're probably going to burn about 10 Cal per minue. So if that set takes you 20 minutes, then it's around 200 Cal. That's a guess though. I'm basing it only on the fact that gym training burns around that many, maybe a little less, but jumping jacks are quite high intensity. So my best guess would be 150 to 200 Calories.

To answer the second question, I guess one could define fitness as the ability of the body to get used to that work. But the body doesn't ever become 'immune' to training. What happens is that if you want to continue to IMPROVE, you would have to increase either the duration, or the frequency, or the duration. But if you keep doing the same thing, you don't lose the effect. Rather, you just maintain that level of fitness. So you do get used to it, but it remains just as effective. I hope that answers your questions!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/21

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc