Question
Posted by: Moira | 2011/05/10

Morning Headache

Good Day Dr,
I have always been a social drinker (white wine) for many years. 1 - 2 glasses in the evening and a few more socially. Could always hold my own. Last year for other reasons (mainly diet) I decided to give up, so do not partake anymore except very rarely. My question to you is, when I do have the odd glass whether it be 1 glass or 3, I wake up in the morning with a pounding headache and rapid heart beat. Once up and the day begins, it goes! I recently celebrated a birthday so decided to have just 1 glass of red with my meal ~ next morning wham!
Why do you think this is happening? Never had it before when I was drinking!
Please dont get the wong impression, I was never a ''boozer'' just enjoyed a wine or two.
Moira

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Moira,

If you do get headaches sometimes, then the alcohol is just triggering an underlying problem. If you never get headaches apart from when you drink, then the problem can only be diagnosed if I see you when you actually have the headache.

2
Posted by: Moira | 2011/05/12

Hi again,
No never get headaches only when I have that occasional drink!
Mmm, might be a problem seeing you when I have the actual headache as it is always early morning then it goes.
Thanks for you help anyway.
Moira

Reply to Moira
Posted by: Headache expert | 2011/05/12

Dear Moira,

Reply to Headache expert