Question
Posted by: David | 2010-05-12

Morning =) -Hair thinning+products

Morning

I wonder if you can give me your opinion. I''m a 22 year old male student. Unlucky me my genetics with regard to my hair ain''t nothing to brag about. I''ve noticed my hair thinning as I''ve grown older. I still have a full head of hair but ya, point being its thinning.

I''ve researched over the internet and found many products that claim to help. Two in particular are Minoxidil(Rogaine) and Propencia. I''ve read that propencia has awful side affects such decreased as sexual desire, erection problems on so on. On the other hand Minoxidil seems to be the ''safe'' method.

As a result I''ve been using liquid 5% Minoxidil for 2 days now. Is there anything I should be cautious of? Can minoxidil give you black rings under your eyes or is that only oral minoxidil??

Please any infomation would be relevant and your own personal opinion.

Kind regards
David

Hallo David
Minoxidil and Propecia are actually the only medications that has been proven to work. You however have to use it for ever - if you stop, the hair would start falling out again. Minoxidil lotion won't really cause any systemic side effects, or rings under the eyes. Propecia may have some side effects but is is not a given that it will cause erection problems or loss of sexual desire.
good article: http://dermnetnz.org/hair-nails-sweat/pattern-balding.html

2
Posted by: buddie | 2010-05-12

Buy a bootle of bergmondessens, it is a tiny bottle made by Lennons, supermarket or chemist, mix this in your shampoo and wash your hair with it.

Reply to buddie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-12

Hallo David

Reply to cyberdoc