Posted by: Phels | 2010-07-15

Morning Erections

Please help, i prefer to have sex just before going to bed, 10pm, most of the time my partner is snoring by then and he wakes me up at anytime from 1am every morning for sex. i really hate getting up for sex and in most cases my performance is poor because i''m sleepy or angry for being woken up. My partner has a strong need for sex in the wee hours of the morning, if i don''t give in he''ll pester me until i do. What makes men have erections at weird hours of the morning? Will this ever stop, it has been going on for 8 years now.This is really gonna kill our marriage. On the other hand he always says he doesn''t mind being woken up for sex and that i must feel free to wake him anytime!

Dear Phels,

The fact that you and your husband have had tand managed this frustration in non-complimentary sexual patterns for 8 years says much about your relationship.

Non-complimentary sexual patterns in relationships are very common. You rarely ever find a couple where both partners what sex equally as often and always at the same time of day. It may be helpful for you to know that especially at night, when men are sleeping, the body in essence runs "checks" which includes peaks in testosterone a number of times during the night an early morning as well as men experiencing a number of nocturnal erections throughout the night as well as morning. Thus it is not all that uncommon for men to desire sexual encounters during these times should they wake to it.

What is important though is that as a couple you need to have an open and honest discussion about this and come to a mutually agreed upon understanding that suites you both. It is also absolutely healthy and normal for your husband to masturbate at times to releive his sexual tension if it is at a time that is not convenient for both of you to have sex.

Posted by: TT | 2010-07-16

i bet you never use to have problems when he woke you up before you guys got married....

Reply to TT
Posted by: anon | 2010-07-16

This is just a matter of consideration. You hubby should respect your need for sleep. Its possible that its a power issue for him, ie, the power of being able to wake you up then have sex with you...I note that you never called it making love?

Maybe you need to plan it, that one night a week he can wake you up and make a game of it. But other than that it should be in " normal'' hours when you BOTH can function and enjoy a healthy lovemaking session.

He is just being selfish and controlling, thats the bottom line in my view.

Reply to anon