Question
Posted by: Morning | 2009/12/07

Morning Erection

Please explain why I have a rock hard erection during the night, and most mornings, but cannot have the same erection when having sex?

I have even tried to engage in sex with my partner at those times, but she only wants to sleep...

What do I do?

Erectile problems may occur for a number of possible reasons, the most problematic of all could be serious health issues and so you need to have a physical check up - even though you have healthy nocturnal erections, it is worth excluding serious physcial problems (this could include cardiovascular difficulties - so don't mess with this, have a physical check up!)

If all is well on the physical front, it is likely that the difficulty is explained by a psychological block - e.g. fear of sexual failure/poor performance (e.g. losing erection, ejaculating too quickly, partner is not orgasmic or has pain during sex); anger at partner. Psychological factors like this essentially block the normal working of the sexual response and can be addressed through couple work with an experienced professional.

There are treatment options for ED - both pharmaceutical and psychosexual - why not consider some of these option together to see how this can be addressed. It is common that when one partner experiences sexual difficulty the overall intimacy in the relationship declines - this only makes matters worse (e.g. she gets angry with you when you try to 'use' your nocturnal erection when she is sleeping, or feelings of rejection/personalising your avoidance of intimacy)

As a first recommendation - have a physical check up by GP and tell him/her about your erection difficulties at the beginning of the consultation (not as a last comment as many men do!) so that his/her assessment is geared towards this issue. If you gets the all clear, then both of you go to see a health professional with experience in this area.

3
Posted by: pp | 2009/12/07

What you get in the morning is called a morning glory, most of the time you have a pee and your penis get hard, after you have your pee it all goes flat again, am I write.It also means that everything in your body is in a working condition.

To get a rock hard penis when you want to have sex, you must have a lot of foreplay with you girlfriend,let she touch you and play with you,even give you a bj, but dont cum.Dont concetrate on how hard your penis get,concentate on the sex.

Reply to pp
Posted by: Dr P | 2009/12/07

If you are healthy with no problems I can almost assure you it is a mental block you have. Otherwise your nightly erections will also be weak.

There good news is, there is probably nothing wrong with your " member" !

Believe it and start focussing on playing, to get you so worked up that you just can' t help yourself. Then only penetrate your woman. And believe what you see at night and in the morning!

Reply to Dr P
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/12/07

Reply to Sexologist