Question
Posted by: Enough | 2010/01/13

Morning diarrehea

Hi there doc

I had gastro a few weeks ago and went onto an antibiotic and the runs eased up but didnt quite stop altogether. I started taking probiotics and now my stool alternates. One day it is soft but still solid (as in I can see little masses of it in the loo and dont feel any watery sensation) and then the next day it could be very watery.

There isnt alot of stool but there is a little mucus in the stool (I notice when I wipe). Sometimes in one sitting it will start out soft and then suddenly be followed by a more watery.

I dont have any pain or cramping with it - just alot of stomach noises and gurgling and butterflies in my tummy, sometimes a little nausea or lump in my throat. Sometimes it burns a little and sometimes it doesnt.

I only go to the toilet in the morning (always early hours - like 6 o clock). I usually go once or twice after again (so about 3 times in the morning) but it clears up by lunch time and I never have to go in the afternoon or evening even after I have eaten.

I was told I have IBS 6 years ago (due to stress) when I went for a colonoscopy but my symptoms cleared up - I am not sure if this is IBS? I was asked to send a stool sample to the doctor (MSC or MCS test) I am not sure what this is??

Could you perhaps tell me what you think this could be?

Hallo Enough
I agree with your doctor - give in a stool sample ( about 5ml in a sterile bottle is enough) so that they can do MCS ( microscopy, culture and sensitivity) which tests for parasites and germs which could have been resistant against the antibiotic you took.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/13

Hallo Enough

Reply to cyberdoc