Question
Posted by: LuLu | 2009-01-19

Morning Cardio

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a low carlorie supplement that I can use before my morning cardio to assist with stamina and endurance. Any suggestions please?

HI Lulu

A good breakfast is about all I'd recommend. There's no point taking a low calorie supplement, because what you need is energy and a low calorie supplement doesn't provide it. So it actually does nothing. If you want stamina and endurance, you need to complement your training with a good overall diet, and then before you train in the mornings, you can look at a small meal or a drink (like a sports drink for use during the training session), depending on the time of your training.

But this concept of low-calorie is a marketing sham when it comes to exercise. The fact that they're low calorie means that won't provide energy, stamina or endurance, because that comes from calories.