Posted by: Puzzled | 2010-12-04

morning b.p. reading

I''m 64 + use natural / herbal preperations to control my blood press. They work well but what really puzzles me is that my b.p. is always much higer in the morning. On waking it is usually about 150-160 / 80-85. During the day + even in the evening after a long day at work it is 130-135 / 70-75. I take the preperations morning + evening. Is it normal for b.p. to be higher on waking? It doesn''t quite make sense to me. I was on Ziak 2.5mg + stopped using it 2 yrs. ago because it gave me leg pains. The natural stuff controls my b.p. better anyway.

Usually your blood pressure is lower on waking up in the morning. If you want an accurate reflection of what your blood pressure is doing, you should consult your doctor for a 24 hour blood pressure monitor. This will give a clear indication of what your blood pressure does.