Question
Posted by: Christine | 2010-07-06

Morning after pill with antibiotics

Hi Doc,

I am concerned about the effectiveness of the morning after pill. I have recently taken the morning after pill, but I also need to start an antibiotic regement. I took the last morning after pill 2days ago, so do you think it is ok to start the antibiotics? The name of the pill that I took is called postinor. And the name of the antibiotic is cefuroxime.

Also, I have a friend with a fimilar problem. She was taking atibiotics and had unprotected sex on the pill, so for safe measure she took the morning after pill. So when may she start taking the antibiotics again?

Thanks you so much for your time and help.

Best Regards,
Christine and Kim

You can start the antibiotics, but if you have sex again while on the antibiotics you will not be protected. Your friend should use extra precautions while on the antibiotics and for 2 weeks after.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-08