Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-04-28

Morning-after pill &  period

I''''m supposed to start with the pill as soon as my next period starts.
I have a regular 28day cycle. On the 17th day of my cycle, I took a morning-after pill. Without the morning-after pill, I would''''ve been expecting my period on 1 May. But last night (the 24th day of my regular cycle) I experienced bleeding that I thought was my period. Initially, I just noticed some bloody residue on the toilet paper when I wiped - this usually happens with my regular period and occurs for a day or two before my period REALLY starts. DH and I then had sex last night, and I was convinced it was a full-blown period because there was blood everywhere, but this morning, there wasn''''t even a single drop of blood on the sanitary pad. Even now, there isn''t any blood. Now I''''m wondering if I should consider this a period and start taking the contraceptive pill or if I should wait, or if I should think it''''s some kind of implantation bleeding??? Let me add that I also experienced, since last night, abdominal discomfort that normally occurs just before my period. What should I make of this??

Regard it as your period and start the Pill.