Question
Posted by: MelD | 2010-04-13

Morning after pill

I had unprotected sex on friday at about 3 o''clock,but I only took the morning after pill yesterday (monday) at about 1. Is it still going to work? How effective is it going to be? Any response will be appreciated.

You have cut in fine and the chances of it workng are not so good. t also depends where in your cycle you were as to how likely it is that you will fall pregnant.

3
Posted by: nathan | 2010-05-24

hi me and my girl friend had unprotected sex on saterday at 8 oclock and we dont know if she can take the morning after pill because she is prescribed the pill so could she still take the pill thanks .

Reply to nathan
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-14

Posted by: Miss Under Stress | 2010-04-13

The morning after pill is effective up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. You took the pill within that time frame so you should be okay. I think the earlier you take it the more effective it is but since it can be taken within 72 hours and you took it within 72 hours I wouldn''t worry too much as long as you took it as directed.

Reply to Miss Under Stress