Question
Posted by: icon | 2008/07/17

morning after pill

Hi There

a friend of mine had her last period 10 june. last weekend we went away for the weekend and she had forgotten her "  protection"  at home and she and her bfriend of 4 years had unprotected sex. she took the morning after pill on monday, and she just gave me a call to say she still doesnt have her period. could the pill have caused this delay, and also, if she is indeed pregnant, could this pill harm the baby in anyway?
pls get back to me asap as i told her she should rather have a blood test done as it is very accurate, but she is still staying with her mum and doesnt want her mum to find out (results will be sent to the doc and her mom is friends with him...dont want the result to be sent to him...just to be safe)
i told her she can move in with me should she be pregnant. but ja, we need to know if the baby will be safe.
thx!!!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The morning after pill can cause a delay in menstruation but if she does not get her period after seven days (after she drank the tablet), she will have to go for a pregnancy test, as this will be an indication that she might be pregnant.

She can also visit a clinic to have the test done or consult another doctor. This way her mother will not have to find out.

The tablet will not harm the baby in any way.

Kind regards