Question
Posted by: Annon | 2011/04/28

morning after pil& mdash  urgent please help

Hi I know it was stupid but me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, can I use the morining after pill for a 3d time in a week and a half''s time?

Dear Annon
The morning after pill contains very high levels of esterogen (50 x higher than normal hormonal contraceptive pills) which is bad for your breasts and can cause irregular periods. It should really not be used as a "contraceptive". If you needed it 3 times in the last 10 days you should rather see your doctor to get a prescription for a regular contraceptive to use (pill, IUD or injection). The morning after pill is also not always 100% effective and if you become pregnant your risk of having an ectopic pregnancy (in the tube) is higher. You can use it again but I would stongly advise you to consider alternative contraceptive methods.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/28

Dear Annon