Posted by: Miriam | 2009-05-25

More then 1 week late, pregnancy tests negative

Hi there,
Here is the deal. I have always been clockwork, and never been late more then a day. I am also on the birth control pill (Mirelle), and I know I forgot to take one and that I was late taking one or two of them.
I took my last pill May 14th (thurs), was supposed to get period the sunday after (or monday morning) and today (May 25) there is still no sign of a period. No pinkish stuff - NOTHING! Did 3 pregnancy tests (urine) and they were negative.
Soooo, my question is: Can I still be pregnant? Did a blood test this morning and waiting results. I do not have many symptoms - only pain in lower back, some discomfort in lower abdomen and very tired.

Question 2: If blood test comes back negative, can there still be a chance that I am pregnant? If not - what can cause this delayed period? Again - I have always been clockwork.

Wait for the blood test. If this is neagtive, you are not pregnant. The missed period may be related to the irregularity with the Pill.

I was also very late and the home pregnancy tests kept on coming back negative. Eventually, when I was 10 days late I got a very faint positive and confirmed it with a blood test. I had ovulated in about the 4th week of my cycle - very late - so it is possible that you may be pregnant but the tests may only be positive in a couple of days. Good Luck!

Posted by: Kristen | 2009-05-26

Hi please keep us posted

Reply to Kristen
Posted by: Kristen | 2009-05-25

Hi Miriam thiswas my question a few days ago. I have all the symptoms no period right till today and negative HPT' s. I' m going to give it till the end of the week and then go to the dr. Baby dust to you :)

Reply to Kristen