Question
Posted by: AJ | 2011/02/11

More than one issue

Good Afternoon Doctor

I have a few issues that is bothering me. I''m 28 and I had twins about 5 years ago. The pregnancy went well and I had no complication afterwards. The problem is last year I had a few skips in my cycle and the doctor did a pregnancy test every time and it was negative everytime. I started on Tryphasil and my cycle got more regular, but ever since the following has occured:

1. When my husband and I have intercourse it is very painful and very uncomfortable. It really feels like he is penetrating to deep. And the pain starts from when he is penetrating, it does not start when he has fully penetrated. It never was like this, it just started happening recently.

2. When I menstruate it is very sore and I have a heavy flow, which I have never had.

3. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my lower abdomin and back. The doctor have tested me for bladder and kidney infection and it is always negative.

4. Sometimes it feels as if my vagina/cervix spasms to the extent that I cannot walk and need to sit down, which is also very painful as it feels that there is alot of pressure. I tend to break out in sweat when this happens and it very embarrising.

Please can you give me some advise, other than to see my gynae. Can you please tell my what tests are going to be done and what you think it may be?

Thank you for your time

1. The painful sex could be due to vaginal dryness. KY jelly may help.
2. There are a number of causes of painful heavy periods, such as fibroids and endometriosis. These can only be diagnosed by examination and further tests such as scans.
3. I cannot tell what this is over the internet. Bowel problems or gynae pronblems are possible causes.
4. I can't tell what the cause of this.
You should have an examination and probably a scan.

1

4. I can't tell what the cause of this.