Question
Posted by: nizrene | 2010/09/21

more confused than ever

hi.
I was treated for costrochondritis late last year& mdash the tablets helped as the pain disappered... i was also put onto a course of ferrimed as my blood test showed very low iron levels.
This year the pain of the costrochondritis returned.
And the lump that was previously there has gotten bigger...the strange thing is the sonar and the chest xray has not been able to pick up anything... the fatigue  bouts of nausea  very dark circles under my eyes  pain in my joints  shortness of breath  fingers and toes cold  weight gain  burning sensation on the inside of my tummy on the left side and poor short term memory has returned.
I can feel i am not my usual self, but hate going to doctors who cant diagnose my condition or provide long term help. One has even gone as saying the lump might be excess breast tissue.
Starting to think they might consider me a hypochondriac...
Please can you tell me who or what can i do...now i am more confused and scared that this might be more serious and i might only find out when its too late....

Hallo Nizrene
I think a few basic blood tests need to be done: thyroid function tests, follow up full blood count and HB, ESR. Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage, which is usually not visible on x/ray or sonar. You may also have a gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) - maybe due to anti-inflammatory tablets used for the costochondritis. I don't think your doctor will think that you are a hypochondriac and I think they have to try and find the cause of the fatigue.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/21

Hallo Nizrene