Posted by: Debra | 2012-11-29

I am a 53 yrs old MORBIDLY OBESE(108KG - 162CM height) who is HORRIBLY UNFIT. I would like to know if Curves would help build my fitness level up AND help me loose weight. I sit all day long behind a desk and do admin so get heardly any excercise at all. I have walked around Gonubie a couple of mornings but find I suffer terrible with aches &  pains. I don''t know if it is because of my weight and unfitness or not? Please advice

Expert ImageBiokinetics expert

Hi Debra,

Curves will assist in achieving your goal. Being a sedentary individual who is behind the desk, I would advise you to get uo after every 15-30 minutes and go for a walk/jog on the spot. Suffering from aches and pains can be for a number of reasons, not just because of your fitness level or weight. Depends where your aches and pains are and when you feel them. If these aches and pains persist, have it checked by your GP.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: Marinda | 2013-01-31

Debra, whatever you do, start as soon as possible. Start to move a little more each day. Try to cut out bread, sugar, pasta, rice - all refined starch. If it is white or has white stuff in it, it is bad. :) (bread, biscuits, cookies, etc). I have had great success with Sureslim. Google them and see what you think. But start today. Imagine where you can be a year from now. Good luck!

Reply to Marinda
Posted by: Merle | 2013-01-30

Having read Debra''s comments, she sounds to be in doubt as to where to begin. I too am obese, and have to always exercise in order to keep myself in my usual clothes. Just begin...I go to Curves and find the exercise gentle and benficial to my aches and pains, in fact the aches diminish after exercise, and I am excited about going back again........over a year, i amanges to lose quite a number of centimetres and kgs. I even lost weight and centimetres around my thighs which I thought would never get thin!! Go for it....

Reply to Merle