Posted by: Tee | 2012-08-31

Hi Doc,

I love my family to death and would do anything for them and i lost my father recently in April 2012. I have had my own apartment since then and I hung his obituary on the wall in my bedroom and I have the picture we used at his funeral also on a different wall in the living room. I have pictures of my sister and nieces and nephews along with a picture of my parents. Is this morbid?

I loved my father more than life but I didn''t cry at his funeral. I shed a few tears and his didn''t cry over his body when I viewed it for maybe a minute or so.

I don''t know why

No, it's not morbid as such. If he died as recently as April, these are still early days, as most of us require at least 9 months to a year to get even reasonably comfortable after a major loss. Those of us who remain more njmber and dont cry at the time o the funeral may find this comes to us later, some time after the funeral, and its healrthy to weep and mourn when it comes naturally to you.

Posted by: PMS | 2012-09-04

This is not morbit - it is what you want to remember. I lost my dad last month and we were also very close. He lived with us. I could not look at his photo cause it makes me too sad, so put it away for now.

Reply to PMS