Posted by: Kim | 2013-01-16

Moody Husband

We have been married for two years now and oh damn the man is so moody and when he is drunk he talks about how much he wants to walk away from the marriag and how much he misses his daughter from the previous relationship. He will talk about how much he feels like he is not a man enough. The next day he will apologise, this has been going on for the past four years two years before we got married and two years after we got married. I am just sick and tired of his moody and apologetic attitute I dont know what t do. We talk for 4 days in a week and the other 3 days are moody days. And when that time comes he lock himself in the bedroom and he wont even talk when i ask he will say he is ok but when he is drunk he will start talking about why he was so quiet and he will tell me about him wanting to end the marriage

One of the benefits of the old-fashioned customm of long engagements was that there was more time in which to discover that someone is unusually moody, a drunk, or had other serious problems. It sounds as though he really hadn't finished getting over his previous marriage / relationship. He should consult the Family Advocate to see if he can't get a court to recognize that for the child's own sake, he should be given proper access to his daughter - his previous wife has no automatic right to prevent him from seeing his child.
Can you persuage him to get involved, with you, in marriage counselling, to try to sort out the problems ?

Posted by: Leila | 2013-01-18

Tell him you want him to stop with the bottle, once and for all.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Kim | 2013-01-16

I married him because i love him and i thought the moody behaviuor will go away. I feel trapped in this marriage i am scared to walk away. I called him now to talk about his attitude and he said to me maybe i am tired of him and no i am not tired of him i am tired of his behaviuor. and he said what do i want to do about it.

Reply to Kim
Posted by: Maria | 2013-01-16

Why did you marry him?

Reply to Maria