Question
Posted by: ST | 2011/04/02

MOODS

Is there any medication for terrible moodswings... It is defnitely not PMS. Something with limited side effects.

Any useful answer depends entirely on the diagnosis, and that requires a proper assessment by a properly qualified, specialist shrink, a psychiatrist or psychologist. There are medications that reduce mood swings such as ocur in bipolar disorder, and some forms of focussed counselling / therapy, can help you gain more personal control over them when they occur.

4
Posted by: Romany | 2011/04/04

If you are older than 35 and female I would suggest you have a couple of simple hormone tests.
menopause could be the reason.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Lady 3 | 2011/04/04

Hi ST

I am sooo on the same page as you...hell one minute im perfectly normal the next suicidal...its scary!!

Reply to Lady 3

Posted by: Terrible | 2011/04/02

Mood changes in my humble opinon are either internal or external, either way something causes the change in your mood, something triggers a profound adjustment in the way you interact with others and the way you view life. You need to find peace. Peaceful people don''t suffer extreme mood swings. Medication can only dumb down the chemical causes of the mood swings, they do not cure the problem only make you unaware of it briefly.

Ask yourself, how can you find peace within yourself, do some research on peace.

But then holy plastic bag your a woman so i am probably wasting my time your all crazy anyway that''s what makes the world go round!

Reply to Terrible