Posted by: Bongi | 2009-06-23

mood swings

I wouldn' t say that im a moody person but i find myself being happy one minute and the next totally irritable or angry for no particuliar reason. I tend to prefer to stay home, because i dread going out but when im out i dont want to leave anymore. and from time to time i burst out crying and feel down and defeated. my mood changes. i used to have panic attacks but that hasnt happened in a while. i had a nervous breakdown a year ago. my sleeping pattern and eating habits have changed in the past couple of months this has resulted in me losing a lot of weight.

Whats wrong with me?

Are the mood changes for no apparent reason, or a reacion, perhaps even slight over-reaction, to whatever is going on ? Are you under more stress than usual, at present ? A "mental breakdown" isn't a term we shrinks actually use, and you don't mention what sort of problem it was. If it was a depression, for instance, what you describe could be early signs of it starting upm again. Any way, it would be wise to see again the shrink or doc who treated you last time, for a check-up, and advise based on the results of that The changes in sleepin and eating patterns can be significant in depression , manic episodes, etc., well vefore the mood changes become more sustained and obvious