Question
Posted by: Rasta | 2012/06/04

Montego Classic

I need an opinion on Montego classic dog food. I have a Ridgeback and a Jack Russel. They have been on Montego Classic for more than a year now with no problem, but lately it is as if the food is not the same as before. . I notice more stools and it is as if they are always hungry, not sure if its just the cold weather.
Do you know if anything has changed in their recipe? What is the alternative in the same price range that I can use ?

Hi Rasta

I am unsure if there has been a change in the Montego recipe. You should contact the manufacturer.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

5
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/08/12

our dogs was on montego;but we had the same problem as if they wern't fully their tummys. we switched to ostripet last year and the dogs love it..

Posted by: Animal Lover | 2012/08/24

Hi Johan,

I wonder if you can help here.

Previously my jack russell terrier was on Montego for about 6months. We then got our lab x collie and had her on the same.. For the 1st week we had her as a pup, she had very dry skin.. Im not too sure if this is from the place she came from (She was 8wks old) but the vet told us the food is not agreeing with her, and now we have had 2 put our " kids"  on Eukanuba.

They both loved Montego and would love to put them back on this, also value for money as the others cost us +- R1200pm for pellets, 2 bags.

Does Montego have all the nutrients, vitimans etc that your animals need, as I hear it does lack soemthing?

I dont agree on this as our jack is very healthy and good coat and our lab didnt really have time to enjoy it.. But would like to ween them back onto it.

Your response will be appreictaed.
Many Thanks.

Reply to Animal Lover
Posted by: Johan van Jaarsveld | 2012/06/12

Dear Rasta

I am from Montego Pet Nutrition, I would like to assure you that we have not changed anything to the formulations of any of our products.

You will find that your dogs will eat more during the winter months due to the cold and your dogs needing more energy to stay warm.

However there may be various other reasons which could affect your dog''s eating habits and patterns.

Please email us at info@montego.co.za for more info. Please also supply us with the following info:

1. The age of your dogs.
2. The amount of food you feed per day.
3. Which Montego product are you feeding.
4. Do you feed anything else?
5. How active is your dogs?
6. When was their last vet visit?

Thank you.

Johan van Jaarsveld
Marketing Manager
Montego Feeds
094 891 0825

Reply to Johan van Jaarsveld | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/05

Hi something has changed as my dogs are eating a lot more ,and are loosing condition. I will be looking for another brand for my dogs .

Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/06/06

Hi Rasta

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet